The poles forming the Toomer’s Triangle erected in May are about to be connected.
From the City of Auburn:
On August 6th, City crews will begin installation of wires at the Toomer’s Corner intersection to provide a structure for Auburn fans to roll after an AU athletics victory. The wires will form a “V” over the intersection, originating from a pole in the median of North College and running to the corners in front of Toomer’s Drugs and The Bank Vault. Two wires will span each pole, with decorative AU symbols serving as spacers to hold the wires apart, making them suitable to roll. This temporary method of “rolling Toomer’s corner” will be available until new Auburn Oaks, to be planted by Auburn University next year, are mature and established enough to continue the rolling tradition.
The intersection of College Street and Magnolia Avenue will experience periodic lane closures while the wires are installed.
Photos of a test rolling of the wires can be found here.
More on Toomer’s Corner: Dozens of Toomer’s Oaks shoots sprouting in planter closest to Magnolia Ave. / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits