Auburn University is asking Auburn fans for their best memories of rolling the Toomer’s Oaks. Kristi and Dennis Barker have a good one.
Someone handed the newlywed Auburn grads a roll—”use it wisely”—as they their way to the AU Hotel & Conference Center for their wedding reception in 1994. So they crossed the street to tie an extra knot with toilet paper at one of the Toomer’s Oaks, which in the caption for the photo capturing the moment published in the 1996 edition of “Auburn: A Pictorial History of the Loveliest Village” was referred to simply as “a tree at the Main Gate on Toomer’s Corner.”
Related: ESPN likely to cover final Toomer’s Oaks rolling
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Alabama Shakes Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan.’
* Katherine Webb does the Harlem Shake
* Airman proposes, girlfriend can’t believe Cam Newton is on the phone
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
This pic is so great. I wish whoever is on the jury for Updyke’s trial could see this.