Cam Newton is back in Charlotte today, visiting local schools, playing matchmaker for members of our nation’s military—you know, just being the greatest.
The Blessed Individual was on Kiss 95.1 FM”s Drex and Maney show this morning to talk about The Cam Newton Foundation, and to also offer some surprise moral support to Brian, an airman currently stationed in New Mexico, in his surprise proposal to longtime girlfriend Kim, who at first found it more OMG that Cam Newton was on the phone than that Brian was popping the question.
Brian: “I want you to be my wife. I want you to marry me.”
Kim: “I can’t believe Cam Newton is on the phone.”
Before making Kim and Brian’s day / life, Newton, of course, discussed how classes were going at Auburn.
“What kind of person leaves school to go to the NFL and then goes back to school?” Drex asked.
“I’m pinching myself every time I’m on campus,” Newton said. “But you know, it’s a reality that I hope day comes true for me — to walk across that stage and get my degree.” You can listen to more here.
There was no mention of whether he’ll say yes or no to Rachel Gilmore.
Related: Cam Newton, intramural basketball star.
* New photos of Katherine Webb on the set of ‘Splash’
* One of the Wiggles is an Auburn fan
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Katherine Webb and Conan O’Brien