The Cam Newton Foundation, the non-profit recently started by Newton to address the “social, emotional, educational, and physical needs” of today’s youth, is hosting a a 7-on-7 football tournament in Atlanta this weekend. And the Blessed Individual and his awesome shirt are already on the scene. Here they are with tournament director and 1996 Auburn graduate Valister Wilson.
And here is with the refs.
According to the organization’s website, the tournament will serve as a qualifier for the IMG Madden National 7-on-7 Championship at the end of June, the top four teams from earning earning a spot in the National Championship to be held at the IMG Madden Football Academy in Bradenton, Fla.
Photos courtesy The War Eagle Society.
Related: Cam Newton converts Bama child.
* Watch the play that cost Auburn the 1974 Iron Bowl
* The Eagles’ Joe Walsh in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s banned 1979 student recruitment poster
* Only undefeated Triple Crown winner owned by Auburn grads
* Elvis says “War Eagle”
* Alabama in Auburn gear
* Diagram of a 1983 Auburn student
* That OTHER time they burned the Glom