Bama might have the hottest football team in the country right now but Auburn has the hottest professors.
Auburn economics professor Randy Beard is ranked #4 on RateMyProfessor.com’s 2011-2012 Overall Hottest Professors list, moving up five slots from last year’s ninth place ranking.
What just started out as a contest between himself and former colleague Richard Ault to see who could get the most chili peppers soon turned into another Auburn “victory.”
On RMP.com, students can rate and compare any of their professors, from easiness and clarity to the professor’s physical attributes. If a student gives a professor a chili pepper, they are then considered “hot.”
According to RMP.com, “chili peppers are awarded based on the sum of positive and negative (hot or not) ratings.”
“Perhaps this just shows that economics is hot,” Beard said. “I always suspected this, but aside from this ranking, I do not have much evidence. When I meet new people at parties, I usually tell them I am an embalmer. This gets a better response than saying I am an economist who studies public utility regulation.”
Sounds pretty steamy to us.
“One of the finest instructors Auburn University has to offer…in more ways that one…” said one commenter on RMP.com, and another saying, “Also, (his) appearance is a gift from the gods themselves. So that’s a bonus.”
* Auburn coed smears cupcakes on her face on the concourse in the name of art
* Local Wizards serving Auburn area through Harry Potter Alliance
* Playboy’s Jaime Edmondson on Auburn Pikes: ‘Those Boys Sure Can Dance”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook is a “War Eagle Forever” kinda Auburn fan
* Auburn Fan Gets Kids in Kosovo to Say War Eagle— ‘For America’
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Aubie stacks Coaches Trophy on top of watermelons