Chris Davis’ 15 million years of fame is pretty much the new standard of success for Auburn University students. They see it in student center posters, and now in television commercials. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
In the 30-second spot that will air each week during broadcasts of Auburn football games, a sample of Stan White’s 2014 commencement address, in which the former Auburn quarterback and current Auburn Network football color commentator encourages new Auburn alumni to make the most of “your one second”, plays over footage of Davis’ 109-yard field goal return for a touchdown to beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl, as well as footage of Davis walking across the stage to receive his diploma last spring (which you can watch here, it got loud).
Last year’s star was Cam Newton.
In 1990, it was this guy.
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* New Auburn Student Center posters promoting the AU experience reference Kick Six, Iron Bowl
* Joe Scarborough cracks joke about Auburn paying players on MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ because he’s still mad about the Iron Bowl
* Congrats, Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?