Alabama fans will forever be on the losing end of the greatest football game ever.
Joe Scarborough copes with it by making Auburn jokes.
On Thursday’s episode of Morning Joe, MSNBC’s resident Roll Tider ended a segment on the NCAA’s recent vote on the possibility of paying student athletes with the line: “I mean, Auburn’s been paying their players for years. Alabama should be able to start,” which in the immortal words of Charles Barkley “is like Snooki telling Halle Berry she’s ugly.”
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“I’m joking my War Eagle fans!” Scarborough said. “I’m still worked up about that field goal returned last year. I’ll never get over it.”
No, he won’t. But at least his wisecracks are becoming, you know, a little less offensive.
When former White House press secretary and Auburn native Robert Gibbs appeared on Morning Joe in an Auburn shirt (because that’s what Robert Gibbs does) a week after the Iron Bowl, Scarborough commented “So this is what happens when poor white trash wins the lottery.”
Video: Jeff Poor
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* Keith Olbermann includes Nick Saban, person who dumped cremated remains in Jordan-Hare Stadium in ‘Worst Person In The Sports World’ list
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News