You don’t want to waste that alliteration, at least we don’t. But the almost finished Toomer’s Triangle will technically just be a V (the Toomer’s V?) unless Auburn starts winning some big games.
We asked City of Auburn Director of Public Works / City Engineer Jeff Ramsey and David Dorton, the city’s Director of Public Affairs, about it. Both were on hand Tuesday morning for the installation—and rolling!—of the wires connecting the triangle of poles.
Here are some more photos:
More on Toomer’s Corner: Dozens of Toomer’s Oaks shoots sprouting in planter closest to Magnolia Ave. / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits