ESPN announced Tuesday that 2002 Auburn grad Dawn Davenport, currently a sports reporter for WKRN in Nashville, will join ESPNU as the station’s prime-time sideline reporter.
Her first gig? Auburn’s season opener vs. Washington State on Aug. 31.
“When I got my schedule I was like, ‘This is awesome!’” Davenport told TheTennessean.com. “I get to go to an Auburn game.”
“Because of my schedule, I haven’t been to an Auburn football game in 10 years.”
According to the Tennessean, Davenport will work every ESPNU prime time SEC game.
Here’s a highlight reel:
* Auburn cheerleaders will be wearing Cam’s shoes come fall
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama