The new shoe of Auburn Cheerleading—or at least Auburn’s male cheerleaders? Under Armour’s new Cam Low Training Shoes. “Cam” as in Cam Newton.
“We look (for new shoes) every year on their (Under Armour’s) website,” says Auburn Spirit Director Latisha Durroh. “We were trying to match something to the orange and blue shirts. So with the color scheme, that one (the Cam Newton low top trainer) matched everything.”
The shoes were delivered to the Auburn Athletic Department this afternoon.
“The guys were really excited when we told them we might be getting that one,” Durroh said.
The decision almost certainly marks the first time a university organization will be officially outfitted in shoes bearing the name of a current student, or at least it will when Normal College Student Cam Newton presumably returns to finish his degree—he lacks one semester—after the Carolina Panthers 2013 season.
* Auburn Phi Mu says Singing Valentine to Cam Newton started as a joke, but the invitation to formal still stands
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama