In February TWER was told Gus Malzahn, AU president Jay Gogue, and Auburn Mayor Bill Ham were likely candidates for the Celebrate The Tradition speaking gig. We were told right.
Gus Malzahn confirmed his participation in the event this morning, and TWER has learned that he, Gogue, and Ham will joined by other Auburn VIPs: Former Auburn Athletic Director David Housel, Auburn Alumni Association President Bill Stone, Auburn SGA President Harrison Mills.
And then you’ll be able to roll the oaks for the last time.
TWER was first to report ESPN’s plans to carry portions of the event live. They may also be on hand for the trees’ removal.
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits