Our own Melody Kitchens hung out with the great Pat Dye today. She asked him if he remembered anything about Selena Roberts, who was assistant sports editor and later sports editor at the Plainsman during her senior year (1987-88) at Auburn (check out her classic column on Jeff Burger and puberty).
“No. I don’t remember her,” Dye said. “She must have a vendetta against Auburn, for her to have gone here and what she wrote. Maybe she has a vendetta against the time when the communication and journalism schools were made into one department. I remember that was a big deal.”
For more on Pat Dye and vendettas, go here.
Related: Selena and Auburn.
* Auburn Phi Mu says Singing Valentine to Cam Newton started as a joke, but the invitation to formal still stands
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama