And when the day comes for Coach to go up to that great Japanese Maple farm in the sky, this will be our obit:
He was Pat Dye… and he was my father.. and my mother. My brother. My friend. He was you. And me. He was all of us. No one will ever forget that game and what it meant for this country. But I will never forget the man and what he meant to me. Nor his pants.
Nor (obviously) how much I love that Kelly Walker at OffBeat Auburn was able to accomplish my vision of syncing the locker room speech after the 1986 Iron Bowl with the sweet spot of the 1812 Overture.
I play it all the time. It feels right. It feels so right.
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* War Eagle Moment at the SAG Awards
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?