TWER correspondents Kenny and Lauren Smith are in our nation’s capital today because the Smiths are everywhere, always, and they of course stopped by you know where and did you know what and snapped a picture.
Looks like Dr. Keever’s assessment, that the tree needed pruning, was right on, because the top of the tree, from a certain vantage point, is basically beginning to bend over the Capitol building, almost as if it’s drawing our nation’s lawmakers close to its botanical bosom in the hopes that the indomitable Auburn Spirit will inspire them to seek honesty, truthfulness, etc.
Whatever— just looks kind of cool, especially rolled. Thanks, Kenny and Lauren. See you soon, obviously.
More on Toomer’s Corner: Dozens of Toomer’s Oaks shoots sprouting in planter closest to Magnolia Ave. / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits