The reason Tiger Rags’ manager couldn’t get back with me? “We were Iron Bowl busy.” It wasn’t that bad for AuburnArt.com—it was worse, or better, busier than an Iron Bowl, and before A-Day even arrived.
But maybe the biggest indicators of the volume of business conducted in downtown Auburn this past weekend are the two crates of lemons sitting in the back of Toomer’s Drugs this morning.
On Friday, there were 115.
Have they ever come that close to running out of lemons to squeeze for God’s lemonade stand?
“Never that close,” says Toomer’s Drugs manager Michael Overstreet. “(Business) was twice as big as any weekend ever.”
Related: Final oaks rolling has Toomer’s Drugs prepping for possible 18,000 lemon A-Day.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
We tried to eat at Moe’s BBQ Sunday night before the second final rolling, but they were out of pulled pork, turkey, and ribs. (I think they were down to chicken and sides.) Busy weekend for downtown establishments.