If we’re going by the AuburnArt cash registers, Saturday could be the biggest downtown gathering of Auburn fans ever.
“I think it (the number of people in attendance at Auburn’s Celebrate The Tradition event) is going to be absolutely huge,”says AuburnArt owner Cliff L. Hare (great grandson of that Cliff Hare).
“I think it’s going to be bigger than a (regular) gameday. I usually don’t have this much business the Friday before an Iron Bowl. It’s absolutely huge.”
The Auburn Opelika Tourism Bureau expects the town could see as much as $3 million in business by the end of the weekend.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits