Yesterday, Tigers Unlimited members who renewed their football season tickets got a phone call from the guy some said they’d never hear from again.
“Cam (Newton) and I were discussing how awesome it was for 83,000 plus to attend A-Day and then celebrate at Toomer’s Corner,” says Tim Jackson, Auburn’s Executive Associate Athletic Director. “Cam wanted to do something to thank the ‘Auburn people.'”
And with that the Cam Robocall was born.
You can listen to it here:
“I was blown away by the strong showing of the Auburn Family at A-Day to celebrate a New Day of Auburn Football,” Newton says. “Coach Malzahn has developed a fast-paced, exciting, hard-nosed team that plays football the Auburn way. I just wanted to personally thank you for your support of the team.
“I know we’ll be rolling Toomer’s Corner again this fall. Bring your friends to help us sell out every game and let’s create an atmosphere that propelled us to national championship. I look forward to seeing you at Jordan-Hare Stadium on August 31st for our season opener against Washington State. War Eagle.”
* One of the Wiggles is an Auburn fan
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Aubie and Kenan Thompson
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* There was a camel at Toomer’s Corner
* Katherine Webb and Conan O’Brien