“Nice touch bringing hint of #Auburn tradition into press conference setting for Coach Malzahn.” Jason Matheson, Auburn’s Assistant Athletic Director for Digital Media, tweeted half an hour before Gus Malzahn’s pre-spring press conference. “Spot it?”
Yep. Take away our oaks, we’ll just roll a Ficus tree.
The nod to the Toomer’s Oaks was also on display on national signing day (though we forget the name of the young lady who snapped this shot. Contact us for credit*).
Nature finds a way…
* That didn’t take long: @Kelsie_Lately.
Related: Toomer’s Oaks souvenirs will be branded ‘Auburn Oaks.’
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Oaks souvenirs will be branded ‘Auburn Oaks’ / Woodturned item made from Toomer’s Oaks will be on permanent display in Auburn art museum / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Clint Richardson says
The Family Ficus!
Her face. That is how my heart feels. Happy thoughts just turn sad. It’s going to take years for this to heal.