Before Auburn fans say goodbye to the Toomer’s Oaks in person on April 20, a website, LettersToToomers.com, is offering Auburn fans the chance to say goodbye in the form of a letter.
A letter by 2000 Auburn graduate Seth Griffin was the first posted to the site. An excerpt:
“Our first daughter was born just weeks after the news of your illness was confirmed and, as soon as she was able, we made her first pilgrimage from our current home in Chicago to my forever home at Toomer’s Corner. As I held my baby girl in my arms beneath you, I couldn’t help but feel my mother’s love surrounding us like your branches. At that moment I could feel ALL of the mothers and fathers, and brothers and sisters, and sons and daughters and generations of Auburn men, women and children who held you in their hearts—and I cried.”
The Website says submissions “may be chosen for publication in a Letters to Toomer’s book to honor these trees and tradition that is so uniquely Auburn.”
Related: Toomer’s Oaks removal will take days; wood to be turned into souvenirs.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Kate Upton and Katherine Webb, BFF
* One of the Wiggles is an Auburn fan
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Katherine Webb and Conan O’Brien
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
This is some weird stuff man.