An extra-page view accompaniment to today’s story on how Auburn’s Tigerettes have adapted to the changing rules and regulations governing recruiting relations their 35-year history.
Here’s the Athletic Department hostess turned host group looked its first year:
Here are two photos of them the next year, including an action shot:
And here they are in 1981-82, posing with the striped god of Sewell Hall:
Of course, as it our habit, we promise a comprehensive-ish photo history of Tigerettes in the 80s (you know how we roll). Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but when you least expect it—maybe a fall Friday morning before a football game, maybe a spring Sunday morning during church, maybe a wacky Wednesday as the tornado siren sounds. Nostalgia spasms are hard to predict. But they’re real, and they’re spectacular.
Related: From Barfield to Chizik, Auburn’s Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts have adapted to evolving recruiting culture.
* Tigerettes Coordinator Has History of Taking Precautions Against Even The ‘Semblance’ of Impropriety
* An Illustrated History of the Miss AU Tan pageant
* Playboy’s Jaime Edmondson on Auburn Pikes: ‘Those Boys Sure Can Dance”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook is a “War Eagle Forever” kinda Auburn fan
* Auburn Fan Gets Kids in Kosovo to Say War Eagle— ‘For America’
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Aubie stacks Coaches Trophy on top of watermelons
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
I spy………lots of Miss Auburn’s, Miss Homecoming’s, Miss Spring Break’s, Miss Fall Rush’s, etc, winners & candidates in those pictures. I see some of the Conner girls (“Pat’s Dry Field”) & some of the player’s sisters as well. Sue Locklar always has done a great job with these ladies& her program. They represent Auburn well.
I impressed you found my photos (top 3)! Fun times, great girls, and a huge part of my Auburn experience. We had a reunion at Homecoming in 2010—good timing!
Thanks for the story!
Laura: Am looking for a very nice girl named Tammy from the years you and her may have ben Tigerettes together.
Her father lived in Tennessee and we met there. her cousin Sissy lives her too.
We had great times in Tn, Auburn & Atlanta. Watching Auburn / TX A&M today brought it back.
The fondest of memories.