Magnolia Hall was your Category 1 homecoming decoration winners in 1959 for celebrating something even more momentous than another win over Florida: Alabama Polytechnic Institute’s upcoming universitymitzvah.
We’ll be documenting the evolution of homecoming at Auburn for the rest of this week. Like, nonstop vintage homecoming action. I’m excited. Go here. Stay tuned. Beat Western Carolina!
First published Nov. 1, 2012.
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Toomer’s Corner Before and After shot
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans