Back in Charlotte, Cam Newton recently met with reporters one-on-one to promote MADE, his new clothing line for Belk. Erik Spanberg, a writer for the Charlotte Business Journal, took the opportunity to ask the Dressed Individual his thoughts on Paul Finebaum’s move to Charlotte.
Newton arched his eyebrows at the news, smiled and said of sharing a city with Finebaum, “I didn’t know that, but I’m very familiar with him.” And what do you think of Finebaum as a neighbor? Smile. “He’s just good at what he does.”
Spanberg, an LSU graduate (“the… idiot from the bayou”), also tried to rattle Newton by blaspheming Auburn’s power animal trinity. Cam responded admirably.
The same idiot from the bayou responded that Auburn actually has three mascots, prompting a swift clarification.
“We have two,” Newton said. “Plainsmen is kind of the area for us (not a mascot). You’ve got War Eagle, that’s our chant. And then Tigers. (The War Eagle chant is) because you don’t want everybody to be saying, ‘Go Tigers!’”
Then he went on the offensive.
“Where I’m from, we spell ‘go’ as in ‘g-o.’ You have some issues (with multiple mascots). I’ve got some spelling and grammar issues with you guys.”
You can read more of Spanberg’s interview with Newton here.
h/t Susan Strickland
* Auburn cheerleaders will be wearing Cam’s shoes come fall
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama