Guess this was technically 1984, at least if it was taken during an actual game and not posed (hard to fake looks of concentration like that), because this is actually from the epic Auburn Football Illustrated from the 1985 Ole Miss game. But just look at these young bloods! War Eagle!
Today marks 10 years since Jim Fyffe’s death, and we ‘re understandably ryffe with Fyffe. Watch the story behind “Touchdown, Auburn!” here, see his AUsome tombstone here, see him with Joe DiMaggio’s Auburn hat here, and read about that time he saved Paul Finebaum’s life here. And watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football here.
* Rare video of Shug saying football got him through D-Day
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth