1983. Auburn 13, Georgia 7. Randy Campbell handed Coach the game ball. But not before he poured a packet of sugar onto the laces. Coach thanked Randy Campbell. Coach licked off the sugar. That football was changed forever. Football was changed forever.
Related: Pat Dye builds a fence in Jordan-Hare.
* Best Auburn majorette name ever?
* Pat Dye ‘arrested’
* The Thing That Ate Auburn
* Pat Dye signing neckties sent by Syracuse fans
* The truth behind the Auburn-LSU ‘Earthquake Game’
* Pat Dye maybe would have killed Jerry Sandusky