All Elvis was doing was thanking people, thanking them very much. All Jim Fyffe was doing was telling people that Auburn had scored a touchdown. On paper, it was the most unoriginal sports catchphrase ever. On the airwaves, it was magic. (Thanks, jackass golfing Bama fan!)
Fyffe died 10 years ago today. He once said “Touchdown Auburn is my signature. It’ll probably be chiseled into my tombstone.” He was right.
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Video servicin’: @AU_History.
Related: Here’s Jim Fyffe’s tombstone.
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off a football
* Best Auburn majorette name ever?
* Cam Newton on a Segway
* The Thing That Ate Auburn
* The truth behind the Auburn-LSU ‘Earthquake Game’
* Pat Dye maybe would have killed Jerry Sandusky