A WTVM Facebook and Twitter post from Tuesday that claimed evidence in the Toomer’s Corner fire has police believing “it was probably intentionally set” is incorrect, according to Auburn Police Captain Tom Store, who says there are “no new details to share” related to the case.
“We have not determined the cause of the fire nor identified a suspect to this point,” Stofer says. “If we do conclude a crime was committed and make an arrest in the case we will do a news release.”
Police are still trying to identify two persons of interest in the case shown here at Toomer’s Corner just before the fire started.
* Workshop re-envisions Toomer’s Corner with arches, elevated road
* The Eagles’ Joe Walsh in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s banned 1979 student recruitment poster
* Only undefeated Triple Crown winner owned by Auburn grads
* Elvis says “War Eagle”
* Alabama in Auburn gear
* Diagram of a 1983 Auburn student
* That OTHER time they burned the Glom