The latest adornment to Jordan-Hare appears to be a giant LED backlit vinyl sign of the Auburn University logo. The sign is being installed on the east side of the stadium above the new Heisman statues.
UPDATE: Here’s how the sign looks on the stadium.
UPDATE: Two new photos. It’s huge.
It’s latest in a steady wave of stadium improvements stretching back to 2011. An illuminated “Jordan-Hare Stadium” sign was installed last October.
Photos via @brownbw and @FearlessandTrue.
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* Toomer’s Corner featured in new Hyundai ad
* Playboy in Jordan-Hare… 1994
* Gene Chizik in high school
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Like the illuminated sign. Can’t tell what this will look like. Can we start some sort of petition or letter writing campaign to get those awful blue and light blue tiger stripes down? Maybe pressure washing the cement would help too.
Jay G. says
Ugh.. not liking this at all. I’m worried it’s going to be way too big, particularly for a lighted sign. For a campus with such rigid rules for building appearance (red brick and pitched roofs) this is going to be dramatically out of scale and out of character. Most of what has been done with the stadium has been appropriately tasteful, but this is going to break that trend.
I bet it looks even more AUsomer than the AU does in the second photo here: http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092310aaa.html
I guess I’m parking in the stadium deck tomorrow to find out!
Auburn Dad says
For those worried about the large size, I believe you’ll end up being surprised at how much it shrinks in appearance once installed on the immense facade of Jordan-Hare Stadium. War Eagle!!!