Legend has it that on quiet November nights out on 280, you can still hear this chariot of Auburn fire burning rubber to Birmingham, which according to @Lulupuppydog (it’s not hers, but that’s his mom posing by it) it was doing around 1969. (That seems about right to these eagle eyes—’69 to ’71.)
If God doesn’t have a poster print of this photo framed and hanging in His Auburn room, then I don’t know Him as well as I thought I did.
Are you the owner? Please embrace thy just fame in the comment section.
* Aubie called as star witness in 1979 trial
* Cam Newton meets a Mike Vick fan
* Rolling Toomer’s Corner? There’s an app for that
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Lulupuppydog’s Mom was hot