The message of this truly bizarre (and we’re assuming just regional—no, it’s national) Old Navy commercial is simple: Alabama fans wouldn’t try to destroy our traditions if only we brought them pizza.
Professional stunt men can get their duds here.
UPDATE: We’re told there’s an Auburn version on the way. And that it’ll play in Jordan-Hare before the games.
UPDATE THE SECOND: We’re now told that, no, there isn’t an Auburn version coming but that there will be an Old Navy ad playing in Jordan-Hare. What kind of reception it gets after their, as someone called it, Brombergian marketing strategy is anyone’s guess.
* Look at what the band is doing at halftime
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love?
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn