We’re out of the American Idol loop this season. But there’s apparently some Alabama fan named Dexter who’s made it pretty far (despite being judged by Auburn grad Harry Connick Jr.) and sang “Sweet Home, Alabama” on Wedesday night’s episode, and of course did that “Roll, Tide, Roll” chant thing in the little pause between Sweet Home, Alabama and Where the skies are so blue, because that’s what Bama fans DO (Moriarty voice)!
Noticing the butchery, host Ryan Seacrest asked “So what happens when someone walks into a room and says ‘War Eagle’?” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
The best part is, as you can see by whatever friend or family member is there waiting on him with the cardboard cutouts or whatever backstage: The number to vote for Dexter tonight? “01.”
You can relive all of our old coverage of Auburn alum-esque American Idol star Paul McDonald here.
Video: Jeff Poor
h/t Sharon Emerson
Fun national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
For a $10 donation to TWER (just make sure you include your address), you can turn your car into a Bramblettmobile! Or a Hot Rod, if you will… act fast, supplies are limited…
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Silly hick. I hope he loses.