Two weeks ago, Brian Williams merely paused for The Miracle in Jordan-Hare. Miracle, Lord, Miracle got nearly two and a half minutes.
“If I said game, I meant to call it a college football epic, maybe the best of all time,” Williams said in his introduction to the Iron Bowl segment Monday night on NBC Nightly News. “It’s already the run back seen around the world.”
And hey, it’s not just national news anchors. Turns out those with previous claims to the crown, like former Colorado quarterback Kordell Stewart, architect of the “Miracle in Michigan”, also think Chris Davis’ last second, 109-yard field goal return is the greatest moment in the history of sports and moments.
War Eagle, Kordell!
Video: Jeff Poor
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore