Only one sports writer in the state—the Prophet Erickson—thinks that Auburn will win Saturday, Bama’s first time in Jordan-Prayer Stadium. That’s about the way it was in ’89, too.
It’s kind of hard to believe, given Auburn’s obvious emotional edge, but only two of the state’s 24 sportswriters with a vote in the Associated Press poll picked the Tigers to win that year. Bama was going to roll, First Time Ever adrenaline or not—even Philip Marshall thought so.
More Iron Bowl:
* Yet another parallel between Alabama’s first trip to Jordan-Hare Stadium and their first trip to Jordan-Prayer Stadium
* Auburn fan who ran onto the field during the 1969 Iron Bowl tells all!
* More like the BUST Bama pep rally…
* The Snorg Tees Girl in a 1987 Auburn Iron Bowl victory T-shirt
* This song about the 1969 Iron Bowl is awesome
* A rap about the 1989 Iron Bowl
* Aubie romances early 80s coed on Bear skin rug
* David Housel’s radio address before the 2002 Iron Bowl
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?