In addition to SEC Defensive Player of the Week honors, his two interceptions in Saturday’s win over Washington State have earned him recognition as the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week.
Therezie’s first interception came in the opening quarter, which helped set up Auburn’s first touchdown. His second came in the end zone that kept the driving Cougars from scoring late in the fourth quarter and sealed the game.
Therezie became the first Auburn player with two picks in a game since linebacker Josh Bynes’s two against Arkansas in 2010. He also added a career-high seven tackles.
You can watch highlights from the game here.
* Auburn Marching Band adjusting cheers to keep pace with Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up offense
* TWER talks to Terry Bowden about 1993 season
* Football rankings guru Richard Billingsley says Auburn should claim century-old crown: ‘My national championship for Auburn in 1913 is a very valid national championship’
* Auburn wore green jerseys TWICE in the 1930s
* Auburn coach car endorsements of yesteryear
* Gus Malzahn in college
* That time a cow won Miss Auburn