Less than two weeks after the Toomer’s Oaks were cut down (but not completely removed), and its predecessors either harvested or trampled, there it is: the first rhizomic shoot from the oak closest to College Street, working its way from the tree’s still very much alive roots toward the sun through a crack in the stone planter.
Until the trees are completely removed after the football season, there will be more, possibly hundreds. They, too, will be collected and sold. Watch a video of Dr. You Know Who talk about it all here.
Related: Most viral Auburn photo ever?
* The Real Auburn Tiger is Real!
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Sexist Auburn photo ever?
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.