Blanche Alverson has made another mark on Auburn history.
Auburn’s tallest Miss Homecoming ever is now also the 27th Auburn women’s player to reach 1,000 points in her career. It happened last night during the Tigers’ 76-52 victory over Ole Miss.
Alverson led Auburn with a season-high 23 points on 9-of-14 shooting, including 5-of-9 from beyond the arc. She also added nine rebounds, four assists and two steals.
“I think it just represents the career I have had here and how I have enjoyed it,” Alverson said in a press release. “I have had a great career here the past four years. It just says a lot about the experiences we have had here. I owe it all to my teammates, because without Najat (Ouardad) or other people giving me the ball, I wouldn’t have scored a point. I am blessed to say I was able to score over 1,000 points, but I owe it all to them.”
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Aubie throws a grenade
* There was a camel at Toomer’s Corner
* The War Eagle fight song sung opera style