Here’s an even better view of the curious Auburn helmet visor that dual-hat-threat legends David Langner and Mike Fuller used to stupefy both the sun and coverage units in the early 1970s.
That writing on top? Yep, his jersey number.
You can read the story behind (and even see video of) the visor here.
h/t Allen Spain.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here
* Morganna the Kissing Bandit (Impersonator) meets Pat Sullivan
* That time Aubie busted in on an Auburn coed in the shower
* The true, criminal origins of the Toomer’s Corner tiger paw
* Never-before-seen photos of Leonard Nimoy’s 1974 trek to Auburn
* Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Was an Auburn fan photoboming other teams’ broadcasts in the 1970s?
* Auburn grad Ashley S. reflects on ‘Bachelor’ stardom, boredom
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply