During his playing days at Auburn—”back when I was an athlete”—San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Hudson thought he could hit the ball better than he could throw it, something San Fran fans gathered for this bull session with the Giants bullpen before yesterday’s game with Oakland may not have been aware of, according to the host. Except the person who yelled “War Eagle.” They probably remembered. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
In 1997, his second year at Auburn, Huddy (per the Wik) batted .396, homered 18 times, and had 95 RBIs. From the mound, the SEC Player of the Year and consensus All-American finished 15–2 with a 2.97 ERA.
Video: Jeff Poor
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
* Philip Lutzenkirchen’s parenting advice
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* War Eagle found not guilty