Atlanta Braves pitcher Tim Hudson probably believes in the human touch now more than ever.
In November, the former Auburn standout underwent back surgery to repair a herniated disc that had plagued him with pain for years. Turns out, the doctor holding the scalpel was an Auburn Man.
“I gave him a ‘War Eagle!’ when I was on the table before I went under,” Hudson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Oh, yeah. I said, ‘Take care of me. War Eagle, bro.’”
Hudson says he thought the surgery would have likely forced his retirement after his contract expired.
“But after getting it fixed, feeling the relief that I have just from 2-1/2 months [since surgery], it feels a thousand times better. If I want to play two, three or four more years, I feel comfortable that I can do it.”
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grad turns old team T-shirts into gameday showstoppers
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”