Today is Toni Beth Holland’s birthday. Next year it will also be her anniversary.
Holland, 36, and boyfriend Ray Sapp are getting married this afternoon under the spectacular canopy of toilet paper created yesterday at the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks.
“We come down every year for the spring game and we’ve been talking about getting married and decided this would be the perfect time,” Holland said.
They used Twitter (“WarBlogle helped us”) to find someone to officiate the ceremony. On Friday, they drove from their home in Tuscumbia to the Lee County courthouse for a marriage license on Friday. They went to A-Day. They went to the corner.
“It was amazing,” Holland says of Saturday’s A-Day and Celebrate The Tradition event. “I’ve never seen so much toilet paper in my life.”
At 1 p.m. today she’ll add to it. Holland says she won’t toss a bouquet. She’ll toss another roll into the trees.
Here’s another shot:
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits