That’s how Auburn spirit rolled back in the day—I mean floated: On an actual—maybe even sea-worthy, who knows—boat.
It’s just one of many examples of once upon a homecoming decoration dedication that should make you ashamed of your shoe polished windows and tricked-out plywood. Miami didn’t have a chance, 31-6.
Photo: Oct. 31, 1968 issue of The Plainsman.
Related: Shug gets a smooch from Miss Homecoming 1968.
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever.
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened