We always thought Krista Klumpp looked familiar, and when we found out her mother had also cheered for Auburn we knew why.
Blanche Riggs, a former head cheerleader for Auburn in the late 70s, was one of those closest to the blast of fellow cheerleader Dana Barnes’ reaction to being named Miss Homecoming in 1977. How she survived, we’ll never know.
That’s Blanche there, flying.
Why yes, that is the photo that we flipped for the “It’s Pronounced Jordan” t-shirt.
Photos by Brad Ashmore.
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* An interview with Auburn YouTube sensation Chris Lowe
* Former Auburn football player kills elephant with just a bow and arrow
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl