Redshirt junior quarterback Clint Mosely, whose ability to compete for a starting job has been hampered by nagging shoulder problems, yesterday said that if he was an major league pitcher he’d be on the 15-day disabled list. Considering Auburn’s season opener against Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic is in nine days, the decision announced early Thursday afternoon doesn’t come as much of a surprise: Yes, Kiehl Frazier is your starting Auburn quarterback
Frazier, a consensus field-general stud coming out of high school, spent his freshman season mostly Wildcatting, rushing for 327 yards on 76 carries. He also threw three touch downs.
At A-Day, Frazier was 7 of 9 for 92 yards passing.
“After a complete and thorough evaluation during spring practice and through the first three-plus weeks of camp, Kiehl Frazier has earned the starting job at quarterback,” Chizik said in a press release. “We expect Kiehl to be a leader for this team and to continue to work hard every day. I am confident in his ability and leadership skills and look forward to watching him progress in both areas.”
* Rare photo of smoke monster at 1996 Auburn-LSU game
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Toomer’s Corner Before and After shot
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply