We went Lyric Padovani this go-round for two reasons: She was the Loveliest exactly 49 years ago today (July 31, 1963). And she has to have one of the most Olympic-worthy names to ever grace an Auburn enrollment list.
Stay cool, Lyric.
Check out our growing Loveliest of the Plains archives.
Previously: Jean Ward and the Blocking Dummy—Sept. 30, 1963.
Related: The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant.
* Brian VanGorder, 1978
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn