Auburn University junior Marisa Grimes carried the Olympic flame through the streets of Aylesbury, England this morning.
Grimes was one of 10 American teenagers selected for the honor of bearing the torch on its path to Olympic Game Opening Ceremony in London by Coca-Cola’ Live Positively Olympic Torch Relay initiative. The reason? She’s a community service machine.
Grimes is currently featured in the Take Five segment on AU’s website.
When asked why she chose to come to Auburn she replied: “Everything about the school and what it stands for was just perfect. I couldn’t really explain what I wanted from a college until I saw Auburn. After that I knew I didn’t have to. I already knew where I was attending college.”
Photo via the AU Facebook page.
* Toomer’s Corner—the video game
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
* Playboy in Auburn, 1994