In 1960, someone had the fantastic idea to pose ten jersey-clad Auburn coeds in pageant sashes bearing the names of each of Auburn’s football opponents for a Plainsman photo.
Whoever it was was obviously the world’s biggest fan of sports-related double entendres. We we wouldn’t even know where to begin. So we won’t.
Photo from the Sept. 23, 1960 issue of The Plainsman.
Related: The War Eagle Special.
* Bo Jackson and Bob Hope
* I think of Kurt Crain
* Secondhand Shug
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn