Yes—if we ever track down the original photo, we will of course make posters available for purchase. [Click to enlarge.]
Because freshman Carol Meadows shooting off a giant firecracker rocket called War Eagle Special for the July 2, 1958 issue of The Plainsman’s “Loveliest of The Plains” segment was just one small step for that old trademark Auburn patriotism. But finding it in 2011 is one giant step for Auburn cheesecake connoisseurs.
Happy Fourth of July.
* Auburn Brew Club wins bet, quaffs Oregon homebrew
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
Leave a Reply