Twin sisters Landry and Kennedy Chizik are auctioning off an oak tree in order to raise money for the YouTurn Foundation, a local charity started last year by their parents, Gene and Jonna Chizik, that according to its website focuses on “equipping youth with effective tools to make positive choices.”
But not just any oak tree—a “genetically authentic clone” of one of the Toomer’s oaks.
The starting bid?
$10,000—$1,000 more than than Pat Dye got (and donated to the Auburn University School of Nursing) for his Toomer’s clone.
Bids may be submitted at www.TigerRags.com up to Dec. 1—but not by yankees.
According to bidding guidelines, “Bidders must live in a growing region and climate similar to Auburn and live no farther north than Birmingham for optimal growth potential.”
Money raised by the auction will go toward buying Christmas presents for underprivileged children.
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply