Here’s a short and sweet statement from Auburn’s director of media relations Kirk Sampson in response to our questions regarding Jordan-Hare’s latest Twitter magnet:
“The banners… are just part of the updated graphics package for Jordan-Hare Stadium. We replaced the banners that were up there the past several years with these new tiger banners.”
They’re not part of any unveilings, they don’t go with anything waiting in the wings… they are what they are: Not-Auburn-Blue banners with tiger stripes, something you might have expected during the early attempts to brand JHS as The Jungle or something.
As for other tweaks, they are Legion.
* Auburn almost had a giant eagle for a mascot
* Auburn tailgaters covert casket into grill
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!