When we talked to Ken Bjorge in April, the Montana sculptor commissioned to produce statues of Auburn’s three Heisman Trophy winners was under the impression he’d be coming to their unveiling this Fall.
He won’t be. But that doesn’t mean the event has been postponed.
“There has not been a postponement,” said Auburn Associate Athletic Director Scott Carr. “Our plan was and still is to unveil [the statues] sometime during the 2011-12 academic year.”
Carr’s best guess as to when?
“Most likely…sometime in the spring.”
Related: Auburn’s Bust of John Heisman Completed.
* “Please Do Not Roll Trees” sign on Toomer’s Corner barricade changed to “Please Do Not Roll Tide”
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!