So there’s this little spot along the short brick wall between Tichenor Hall and Thach Hall that, save for Toomer’s Corner and Jordan-Hare and Auburn Arena or whatever, has probably received more television exposure than any other spot on Auburn’s campus. Because the practitioners of parkour, “the internet sensation of 2004,”apparently just cannot stay away from it. It calls to them.
The “Concourse Chasm,” as it shall now be known, first made its mark on pop culture—and on Natalie Strasser’s face—in March 2012 via Tosh.0.
Monday night, Florida-based freerunner Drew Drechsel, undeterred by Strasser’s fractured nose, could be seen clearing the irresistible gap in his introduction on season five of NBC’s American Ninja Warrior.
Apparently the AU-bstacle makes for pretty good training: We’re told Dreschel’s was the fasting qualifying time of the episode.
Eagle Eye Award: Kim Walker; video servicing by Jeff Poor
* Bama fan talks Auburn during sex on “Hart of Dixie”
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* War Eagle Moment at the SAG Awards
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?